Vice President (FT)
Deb Woodman (Professor of Sociology)
BA Hons (Concordia University), MA (University of Manitoba), PhD (University of Guelph)
Roles and Responsibility
The Vice-President (FT) shall:
- perform the duties of the Local President in his/her absence. In cases of vacancy, either the Vice President Full-Time or Vice President Part-Time shall succeed to office of Local President until the election of a new Local President. If the Local President was from the Full-Time membership the Vice President Full-Time shall succeed until an election is called. If the Local President was from the Part-time membership the Vice President Part-Time shall succeed until an election is called. The election of a new Local President must occur within one calendar month of his or her absence.
- oversee and conduct any Unit-specific votes including those pertaining to contract or special plan ratifications, and work actions;
- organize and preside at all meetings of their respective Unit;
- ensure that files are kept for the Bargaining Unit;
- chair the Unit Committee; in the absence of a Local Vice President for a Bargaining Unit the Unit Recording Secretary shall perform those duties. A new Unit Recording Secretary shall be appointed by the Executive from the existing Unit Stewards.
Phone: (705) 949-2301 ext 4354
Office: CC 3032A