Vice President (PT)
Tony Fabiano (Professor of History)
BA Hons (University of Windsor), BEd (University of Windsor), MA (University of Windsor)
Roles and Responsibility
The Vice President for each Bargaining Unit shall:
- perform the duties of the Local President in his/her absence. In cases of vacancy, either the Vice President Full-Time or Vice President Part-Time shall succeed to office of Local President until the election of a new Local President. If the Local President was from the Full-Time membership the Vice President Full-Time shall succeed until an election is called. If the Local President was from the Part-time membership the Vice President Part-Time shall succeed until an election is called. The election of a new Local President must occur within one calendar month of his or her absence.
- oversee and conduct any Unit-specific votes including those pertaining to contract or special plan ratifications, and work actions;
- organize and preside at all meetings of their respective Unit;
- ensure that files are kept for the Bargaining Unit;
- chair the Unit Committee; in the absence of a Local Vice President for a Bargaining Unit the Unit Recording Secretary shall perform those duties. A new Unit Recording Secretary shall be appointed by the Executive from the existing Unit Stewards.
Phone: (705) 949-2301
Office: WW 106